Several Pennsylvania Southeast Conference churches helped organize and made donations to the Camp Noah – Reading, PA 2018. The camp was held in August for 40 youth who relocated to the area after being displaced from their homes by hurricanes in Puerto Rico and other Caribbean islands. The children participated in activities, shared experiences with peers who had had similar experiences, and worked toward recovering from the tragedies.
The following are links to some of the media coverage from the events:
- Liberty Lutheran Video Aug. 23: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pilmOSqVG8&feature=youtu.be
- Al Dia Aug. 21: http://aldianews.com/articles/politics/state-and-local/children-families-evacuated-hurricane-maria-build-resilience-pa
- Reading Eagle Aug. 18: http://www.readingeagle.com/news/article/camp-noah-in-reading-offers-displaced-children-a-special-experience
- 69 News Aug. 17: http://www.wfmz.com/news/berks/camp-noah-comes-to-reading-to-ease-pain-of-hurricane-maria/782849462
- Al Dia Aug. 6: http://aldianews.com/articles/education/summer-camp-reading-seeks-bolster-long-term-recovery-hurricane-maria-evacuees
- Reading Eagle June 21: http://www.readingeagle.com/life/article/carol-balinski-st-lukes-lutheran-church-in-reading-to-host-camp-noah-in-august