Rev. William (Bill) P. Worley, Conference Minister
484-949-8774 ext. 308; email@example.com
As Conference Minister, Bill has responsibility for the administration of the Conference and the spiritual care of its 337 pastors who work in various ministry settings, including the Conference’s 160 congregations. He represents Conference concerns to the National Church and serves on the UCC National Board of Directors and the UCC Insurance Board. He is also a member of the Phoebe Ministries Board — one of several Conference ministry partners.
Bill is a Gettysburg College and Lancaster Theological Seminary graduate. He was ordained in 1994 while engage in ministry as Associate Pastor of Union Congregational Church in Montclair, New Jersey. In the fourteen years prior to Conference ministry, Bill enjoyed working in urban ministry, congregational vitality and transformational ministry with the folks at First Reformed in Lancaster, PA. Bill is a former military chaplain and a veteran of the Iraq War.
His hobbies include weightlifting, kayaking, theater/concert going, camping, skiing, gardening and hunting. He is the proud father of two grown sons, Zach and Justin.
Contact Bill for:
- Pastoral support, counseling, consultation to pastors and lay leaders.
- Preaching and worship planning/development.
- Information/perspective on issues related to the National Church.
- Direct support for Members in Discernment and those supervising the MID process.
- Training sessions for local churches with mission/vision casting, governance issues, church transformation, capital campaigns, stewardship development.
- Conflict resolution.
- Interpretation of legal issues or connecting pastor/churches with legal counsel.
- Advocate in community forums (local government, media exposure, local disaster ministries).
- Connector to National Church resources.
- Guest preacher (pulpit supply in emergencies); preacher for significant anniversaries and events in the lives of pastors and parishes; represent and interpret UCC gospel values.
Rev. Sharon Morris, Associate Conference Minister for Search and Call
484-949-8774 ext. 302; firstname.lastname@example.org
The Rev. Sharon S. Morris is a native of Harrisonburg, Virginia, and graduated from James Madison University with a Bachelor of Science degree. Rev. Morris taught business education in the Rockingham County school system for many years before moving to Pennsylvania.
After moving to Pennsylvania, Rev. Morris was secretary to the Rev. Felix Carrion, regional associate for the Office for Church Life and Leadership of the United Church of Christ, and later became the Administrative Assistant of Finance for the Pennsylvania Southeast Conference of the United Church of Christ. Sharon resigned that position in 1996 to attend Lancaster Theological Seminary where she received her Master of Divinity degree in May of 1999.
Rev. Morris was called as the Associate Pastor for Parish Life at Immanuel United Church of Christ in Shillington in June of 1999. In 2000 she accepted a call as the pastor of St. Paul’s United Church of Christ in Kutztown, Pennsylvania. In 2003 the opportunity to pastor with her husband, the Rev. Patrick W. Morris arose and so Sharon became the co-pastor at St. Paul’s United Church of Christ in Amityville, Pennsylvania. Then in 2008 Rev. Morris served as pastor at Zion (Blue Mountain) United Church of Christ in Strausstown, Pennsylvania.
Rev. Morris is currently serving the United Church of Christ as the Associate Conference Minister of the Pennsylvania Southeast Conference.
Rev. Morris and her husband, Patrick W., have two children, Jessica and Patrick Jr. and four grandchildren.
Contact Sharon for:
- All issues regarding Search and Call Process
- Committee on Ministry issues
- Ministerial issues
- Local Church Profile issues
- Pastoral Excellence Program and the Communities of Practice
- Members n Discernment
- Interim/supply issues
- Manual on Ministry questions
- Mark of Faithful and Effective Authorized Ministers of the UCC
- Pastoral Relations Committee training
Rev. Cean James, Associate Conference Minister for Congregational Development
484-949-8774 ext. 303; email@example.com
Reverend Cean James is the Associate Conference Minister of Congregational Development of the Pennsylvania Southeast Conference, UCC. In this role Rev. James works with the churches of the conference in renewal, vitality, growth, and planting new ministries.
Reverend Cean James is also the founding pastor of the Grace Christian Fellowship, UCC (GCF) of Southwest Philadelphia. Rev. James completed his undergraduate studies at Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University in biology and received his Masters of Divinity from the Lutheran Theological Seminary of Philadelphia. Pastor James is currently matriculating in the Doctoral program at Lancaster Theological Seminary.
Rev. James is married to the former Kesha Barton of Columbia, SC. Kesha, a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania School of Law, practices law in the public interest. They have been blessed with three sons, Clarence Milton, Jesse Joseph, and Cean Benjamin.
Contact Cean for:
- Conflict resolution
- Evaluating structures
- Creating a welcoming environment
- Creating a Mission Statement
- Starting new ministries
- Leadership development
- Team building
- Congregational revitalization
Susan Creswell, Executive Assistant for Communications and to the Conference Minister
484-949-8774 ext. 312; firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan came to the conference via the corporate world. Her work history includes banking and owning and running a Title Insurance company for 18 years. Raised catholic, Susan began seeking another venue of church life in her late teens. She is a member of St. Paul’s UCC, Fleetwood where she is the church bookkeeper, involved with Stewardship, lectionary readings and the bell and chancel choirs.
Outside of her church life she volunteers with Optimist International. Training and working with youth is a passion that is easily fed by working in the International and District levels of the Optimist organization as well as with her local Optimist Club. Susan has been married to her husband Jack for 18 years and is blessed with 2 step children and 3 grandchildren. In her spare-time she enjoys gardening, reading, cross stitching, being outdoors, anything musical, traveling and above all, family time.
Contact Sue for:
- Assistance with events
- Questions regarding the website and Communitas
- Questions regarding eNews
- Preparing invitations for Ordinations and Installations
- Interest in serving on a PSEC Committee
- Scheduling a meeting with Rev. Worley
Brea Rarick, Registrar and Assistant for Search and Call
484-949-8774 ext. 311; email@example.com
Brea Rarick has been working for the Pennsylvania Southeast Conference since spring 2016, but has lifelong roots to the UCC. Raised in a UCC church in Berwick, Penn Northeast Conference, Brea was active in PNEC as a youth, even meeting her husband at a PNEC-PSEC joint event! She graduated from Cedar Crest College (a historically UCC college) before completing her master’s degree from Tiffin University. Brea worked in journalism for many years before working for the New York Conference UCC and then PSEC.
Brea’s husband, Gary, is the pastor of Epler’s Church UCC in Leesport. Together they live in Blandon with their two small children: Connor and Amelia.
Contact Brea for:
- Help creating or updating a Call Agreement or Three- or Four- way Covenant
- Questions about year-end reporting or 11-year-reports
- Clergy transfers of standing
- Changes to church information: email address, phone number, website, etc.
- Updating clergy records: contact information, new degrees or certifications, training experiences, etc.
- Clergy who want their profile sent to a church
- Psychological assessments for Members in Discernment
Tammie Wisniewski, Financial Operations Manager
484-949-8774 ext. 304; firstname.lastname@example.org
Tammie Wisniewski CPA, CGMA has been working in the accounting/tax arena for more than 30 years, mostly in the area of small business and not for profits. She is a graduate of Schuylkill Valley High School, Albright College, Reading, and the PA Academy of Ministry. Tammie left full-time public accounting work to begin work with the Conference after having served as Conference treasurer. She now maintains part-time work with the Conference as well as with a public accounting firm.
Moving from the full-time accounting world to part-time, allowed her to follow God’s continuing nudge to seek a call as a pastor in a small congregation in the PSEC. After 5 years of education and discernment, she received a call in 2015 to serve New Jerusalem Zion UCC in Lenhartsville as their licensed pastor.
Tammie grew up in the UCC and was a life-long member of Epler’s Church where she served in most committees at Epler’s over her adult life. She loves being able to bring her knowledge of taxes/accounting and not for profits to the churches of the Conference and to guide them in their financial questions! She also loves being able to serve a small congregation that was looking for a part-time pastor! But her greatest love is and always will be is the time she gets to spend with her family. She and her husband, Scott, raised 2 sons and have 2 beautiful granddaughters. They live in the Leesport area and spend as much time as they can traveling and taking the family along whenever possible!
Contact Tammie for:
- Assistance needed with church budgets and financial questions
- Questions regarding pastoral salary and benefit issues
- Questions regarding OCWM giving