Unfortunately, protecting houses of worship is a relevant and important topic in today’s world, but it doesn’t have to be difficult or detract from your ministries. Look over these resources for valuable and practical information on keeping your church safe from a shooting or other attack.
This document provides Federal Government Resources for Protecting Houses of Worship, including:
- How to prepare for and respond during and after an active shooter incident
- Warning signs and what you can do
- Recovering from an active shooter incident
- Tools and resources to help businesses plan, prepare, and protect from an attack
- Information on FEMA’s You Are the Help Until Help Arrives program
- Preventing Arson at Houses of Worship
In coordination with interagency partners, the Department of Homeland Security’s Center for Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) established a website for faith-based organizations that serves as a “one-stop shop” for information on available Federal tools, resources, and assistance: www.fema.gov/faith-resources.
View the Webinar Recording: “Protecting Your Organization: Resources, Partners and Tips to Help Keep Your Office, House of Worship, or Community Center Safe.” Below are recordings for the live webinar and segmented pre-recordings from all of our partners.