Wentz’s United Church of Christ has a treasured past and a vision for the future, believing that our lives are constantly being formed and reformed by God’s love for us and our love of humanity. We have an immediate opening for an energetic, people-centric professional to serve as its Office Administrator/Marketing Coordinator. You’ll be managing almost all of our information flow in this position as well as keeping people connected and moving forward. The successful candidate is proficient wearing multiple hats, serving as the point person to ensure the office runs effectively and efficiently. Experienced in administrative and executive support-related tasks with little or no supervision, this individual will possess outstanding interpersonal skills, be well organized, self-starting, flexible and enjoy the challenges of supporting a community of diverse people with varied needs. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of meaningful relationships. We look forward to hearing from you!
Main responsibilities include:
- Overseeing and supporting all administrative duties in the office and ensuring that it is operating smoothly.
- Developing and maintaining office services by organizing operations and procedures including IT infrastructure, coordinating payroll with the third-party provider, controlling correspondence, designing filing systems, managing, and procuring office supply inventories, and performing clerical functions.
- Providing historical reference by defining, implementing, and maintaining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Maintaining office efficiency by identifying office improvements and designing and implementing new processes.
- Providing administrative, marketing and project support for the church’s various ministries. Assisting with the production of marketing materials.
- Overseeing the church’s digital presence to include writing and editing content for different platforms such as web, social media, and press releases.
- Assisting in the assembly, publication, and dissemination of weekly, monthly, and annual communications such as bulletins, newsletters, budgets, and financial reports.
- Contributing to the team effort by accomplishing related results and tasks.
Highly desirable qualities:
- College degree in business administration, marketing, communications or a related field.
- Proven office management experience with a minimum of 2 years in the role.
- Proficient knowledge of office responsibilities, systems, practices, and procedures.
- Exceptional attention to detail, planning, organizational, and time management skills, along with the ability to prioritize and problem-solve independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal — to interact positively with all church members, community partners and visitors.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor with sensitivity to all professional boundaries.
- Proficiency with computers, office software packages, and office equipment.
- Experience with current social media platforms, relevant marketing tools and applications.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Hybrid
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume to email@example.com and/or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes can also be mailed to Wentz’s UCC, 3246 Skippack Pike, Lansdale, PA 19446.
Wentz’s UCC will consider all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.