The congregation was organized in 1822 and shared a place of worship with out Lutheran brothers and sisters. In 1842, both congregations decided to build a larger building to accommodate a growing population. This building is situated outside the borough and still stands today. It is registered with the National Historical Registry, and is known as the “Old White Church.” It is used for special worships services. In 1891, St. Paul’s congregation decided to build their own building on the east end of Main Street. With the exception of the Old White Church, St. Paul’s building is the oldest original house of worship in Ringtown.
Throughout our history, mission has been our call to ministry. To this day, St. Paul’s continues to reach out to the community and far beyond. We host a community luncheon the first Tuesday of each month, support the local food pantry with monetary and non-perishable food items. We also provide “care bags” at Christmas, school supplies for students, informational seminar forums, community ecumenical worships, support country-wide awareness campaigns, Locust Lake ministries, and participate in the Interfaith Health Network. We financially support the Conference and denomination by giving to OCWM, Phoebe Homes, Bethany, and Lancaster Seminary. For many years we have been recognized as a “Five for Five” congregation.
Although we are a small congregation in number, that is the only thing that is small! We have been blessed with much, and we continue to share our blessings.
The Rev. Craig D. Zimmerman, life-long member of St. Paul’s, has lead this congregation for the past 15 years and encourages his members to continue the history of ministry outreach that has blessed St. Paul’s congregation throughout it’s soon to reach 200th year anniversary. To learn more, visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/stpaulsringtown.