We have welcomed four new churches into our Conference in the last five years.They are all located within the City of Philadelphia:
- Living Water UCC, a majority African American congregation that has recently relocated to the Oxford Circle area
- Emmanuel CSI, an Indian immigrant congregation dually-affiliated with the UCC and the Church of South India, in Somerton
- Hope Outreach, a multicultural ministry in Kensington
- Chestnut Hill United, dually affiliated with the United Church of Christ and the United Methodist Church in Chestnut Hill
- Grace Christian Fellowship UCC, a 400-member majority African-American congregation in southwest Philadelphia
The process for new church development includes:
- Adoption: Established congregations seek affiliation with the United Church of Christ. The Philadelphia Association has a process in place for adopting already formed congregations into the Association.
- Multiplication: Existing congregations give birth to new congregations by seeding the new church through leadership development, resources, prayer, funds, facilities, etc.
- By individual or group missional start: A newly formed group begins to live out what God is calling them to do, and develops a relationship with the Association/Conference.