The Faith Formation/Christian Education Ministry provides programming, resources, and support for growth in the Christian faith for people of all ages and stages in life.
Print and video resources are available in the Resource Center during normal office hours. Most of the resources produced by the Alban Institute are available for borrowing to preview. A wide variety of other publishers and producers are represented as well.
As new resources are purchased to be housed at the Church House and other resources come to the attention of the Minister of Christian Education, their titles and a brief description will be posted here. These resources are new since December 2011:
- Brubaker, Pamela K. et al. Justice in a Global Economy; Strategies for Home, Community, and World. c. 2006, Westminster John Knox Press.
- Daniel, Ben. Neighbor; Christian Encounters with "Illegal" Immigration. c. 2010, Ben Daniel. Westminster John Knox Press.
- Iosso, Christian et al, eds. Prayers for the New Social Awakening; Inspired by the New Social Creed. c. 2008, Westminster John Knox Press.
Green Church Resources:
- Flegal, Daphne. Green Church: Caretakers of God's Creation. ( A six-week study for kids). c. 2010, Abingdon Press.
- Gossett, Tim. Burst; Green Church Topics for Today's Teens. (A six-week study for teens). c. 2010, Abingdon Youth.
- Simon-Peter, Rebekah, et al. Green Church; Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rejoice! c. 2010, Abingdon Press.
- Simon-Peter, Rebekeh et al. Green Church; Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rejoice! Leader Guide. (A six-week study for adults). C. 2010, Abingdon Press
- Simon-Peter, Rebekah. 7 Simple Steps to Green Your Church. c. 2010, Abingdon Press.
- Stickler, LeeDell. It is Easy Being Green; 60 Bible Stories & Crafts with the Earth in Mind, ages 6-8. c.2011, Abingdon Press