Located atop of the hill at 251 Perkiomen Ave., Schwenksville, PA., Heidelberg United Church of Christ traces its roots back to the 18th century when German immigrants brought their religious traditions to the Perkiomen Valley. The original building was shared by Reformed, Lutheran and Mennonite congregations. The current stone structure was constructed in 1892 by the reformed (Now UCC) congregation. We also have a parsonage on-site was built in 1910. The current layout of the church includes a social hall and educational wing. But as we know the church is more than just the building.
Heidelberg’s many committees continue to bring God’s light to the congregation and the community. From our Board of Christian Education, providing vacation Bible school, and Sunday school, (to children and adults alike), to our Fellowship committee hosting Bunco or a chili cookoff, to our Evangelism committee, who plan our joint worship services with neighboring churches, to our Spiritual Arts, who express their love of the Lord through music at all of our services. The Missions committee prepares and serves meals to the homeless at Trinity UCC in Pottstown, supports the Daily Bread Community Food Pantry with personnel and food items, and supports of the Woman Center of Montgomery County.
Please keep us in your prayers. To learn more, visit our website: hucc.net.