What is Our Church’s Wider Mission (OCWM) Basic Support?
- 2017 OCWM Remittal Form
- 501 C3 Documentation (2017 Year Book pages)
- CHURCH EMPLOYMENT GUIDELINES (Series of articles by Tammie Wisniewski, PSEC Financial Operations Manager)
- Year End Reporting and New Year Notifications
- Employee vs. Independent Subcontractor
- Employment Taxes
- New Hire Procedures
- Employee Manuals and Required Posters
- Interviews, Hiring, and Employment
- Background Checks, Wages and Working Hours, Employee Evaluations
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Expenses and Reimbursements
- Housing Allowance
- Terminating Employment
- Core Commitments
- Church Break-Ins
- Financial Procedures – Resources from the United Church of Christ website including those listed below and other related links:
- Church Management – Property and Liability Risk Solutions from the UCC Insurance Board, including:
- Your Church: Employer & Small Business – A basic guide regarding your church’s obligations as an employer and a business. Includes valuable links to resources on taxes and labor law.
- Employee Handbook Template – This template includes instruction and gives form to the outline presented in Your Church resource above.
- Loss Control Manual, Volume 5 – Church Management – This manual addresses a variety of risk management issues surrounding employment, financial controls, property management (landlord), contracts, purchasing, food preparation, parish nursing, youth ministry and emergency planning.
- Accounting Software Guide – This guide includes software reviews and comparisons for several church software programs including Shelby Systems and QuickBooks for Non Profit and information about accounting software training.
- Planned Giving Manual of the UCC